Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Moving On

Hey Nittany Lions,

It's hard to believe that this semester is almost over.  It seems like yesterday I was studying for my first midterms, but my mom keeps reminding me of how soon until I arrive home (7 days!).  I have bittersweet feelings, since I LOVE being home but I also love being at school.

This is the main stage at last year's Movin' On.. Looks pretty
bumpin' to me.
Sadly, PSU events are also coming to a close, but fortunately, there is still one event to look forward to before enclosing ourselves in our rooms to study for finals.  The event is called Movin' On and apparently has been a part of Penn State tradition since 1974.  This spring festival originated with the purpose to celebrate students graduating and getting done with the school year.  Their website claims corporate and local sponsors provide plenty of "freebies".  Of course, food and drinks will be for sale.



The event will be held on Friday outside of Beaver Stadium on the IM fields.  The first performer, Keegan Tawa, starts at 3 p.m.  Following that show, David Mayfield, Parade,Young the Giant (presented by SPA),Michael Franti & Spearhead, Ludacris, and The Avett Brothers will perform until 9:30 p.m.  



I never went in the past, but I've already made plans with friends to go check it out.  I googled last year's Movin' On and found a couple of videos and it looks pretty cool. Look below at the video I found on YouTube.


Well, that is all I have for tonight.  Good luck studying!!! 


-Maria 


Here is Lupe Fiasco performing at last year's event:




No comments:

Post a Comment